Saturday, February 9, 2013

Christmas Kitties

(Though Christmas has officially been over for quite some time, I'm currently in the middle of a nice big blizzard... which is as decent an excuse as any to post two gifts I made for the holidays.)

I have two friends who are really super close... one loves the color red and the other really likes green, and they both like cute kitty pictures (probably real kittens too?) So when I came across a Christmas Kitty pattern online, I had no choice but to make a couple!

Left: Elf Kitty; Right: Santa Kitty

I used a few different materials than Armina did:
Red Heart Super Saver - Ivory
Red Heart Soft - Guacamole
Caron Simply Soft - Autumn Red
9mm Suncatcher Budget Eyes 

For the Elf Kitty, I used Ivory Fun Fur instead of White, and for the noses, I just used a scrap of pink yarn and sewed one short stitch across the face.

I made the Santa first, which is why it looks slightly more misshapen than the Elf, but both turned out pretty nicely. I didn't put arms on the Elf, partly because I didn't feel like making and sewing on two more arms, and partly because I thought it already looked cute as it was. =)


And of course, you can't blog about kittens without including a cute kitten gif... <3 Alright well, farewell for now, and if I blog again you'll know I survived the blizzard. =D

No comments: