Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Giant Dalek Amigurumi

A pattern for all the Doctor Who fans out there! This came from Lucy at Ravelry and is for a cuddly plush version of the fearsome Dalek.


I used the pattern for the new series and modified yarn colors to create a blue Dalek. Using Red Heart Super Saver yarn in Royal Blue, Black, and Soft White, and Vanna's Choice Charcoal Grey, this came out to around 10-11" from base to top of head - although if you count the eyestalk, the height increases even more!


Be careful when reading the pattern, as there are two or three minor typos! (If I have time, I'll try to find them again and update this post.) For the grey and black grid in the head, the pattern says to slip stitch in the front loop (for example, in round 13), which is what I did here. However, it seems like Lucy single crocheted instead, from the pictures on the site. If I make another one, I plan on testing this theory... or if you decide to make one, please try it and let me know the results!

::click me!::