Sunday, January 13, 2013

Baby Toothless Amigurumi!

Inaugural post! ^_^ I've mostly been working from existing patterns, with small adjustments here and there. During my search for awesome patterns, I found this fantastic Toothless pattern, which I bookmarked and then promptly forgot about until months later when I tried searching for Toothless again and stumbled upon Lemmy Loop (which also contains some other awesome patterns that I will eventually try someday!)

Here is the result:


I used Red Heart Super Saver yarn in black and burgundy, and most likely a G hook (or possibly F). The eyes were made from black and neon green felt - I stitched the pieces together first, and then to the head.


View from the back! I lengthened the tail to 17 rounds to accommodate for the tailfins close to the body. I also thought the pattern provided for said tailfins turned out much too small, so I ended up making them up on the spot. I don't remember the specifics (sorry) but I believe I chained 6 or 7, sc'ed for 2 rows (minus one stitch), and then ss'ed into the last stitch.


Sewing everything together was a bit nerve-wracking, but then I realized that Toothless isn't perfectly symmetrical anyway, and then everything got better. Baby Toothless, complete! =D

No comments: