Friday, November 15, 2013

Glass Inspirations, Part 1: Flowers

I haven't had much time to crochet lately, but I visited a glass studio and spent a few hours flameworking and experimenting on my own. Here are a few of the results!


Basically created by alternating compressions with random streaks/dots of 4-5 different colors... turned out really cool, I think. =)


Here are different views of the same small half-marble I created by dotting color onto the glass and then compressing multiple times.


And a flower pendant, made using similar techniques:


Finally, a 3D rose! =D (or some other pretty flower). This was fun to make.



And a view from the back:



I also made some other really cool glass pieces that I'll post about later. And I'm open to suggestions about what I should try next time, too, so please give me ideas!

No comments: